Clay Studio Rules:
To sustain a creative, safe, and healthy studio environment, we ask everyone to review the information below before beginning working and adhere to each point.
- Wheels are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Open studio members are assigned two shelves per person to house all in progress work, and materials
- Write your name on all your personal items, including bags of clay, tools, and materials. Fuller Craft Museum (FCM) is not responsible for the disappearance or security of personal items.
- All working areas must be cleaned after use. The last 15 minutes of open studio hours is dedicated to gathering tools and cleaning work tables, floors, tools, and other equipment. This is a communal studio and its cleanliness depends on everyone doing their part.
- Using FCM tools is allowed. They must be cleaned and returned them to proper receptacle after use. These tools are for everyone to use while in the studio and may never be borrowed, stored on shelves, or taken off the premises for ANY reason.
- If a tool should happen to break or if a piece of equipment is not working properly or a supply is low, please bring it to staff’s attention immediately.
- If you don’t know how to use something – don’t use it! It is always okay to inquire if you have ANY questions.
- All students must follow general safety protocols.
- There is absolutely no eating in the studio! This isn’t healthy for you and we want to keep the studio clean.
- Conserve resources as much as possible. Use cloth towels instead of paper towels.
- Place clay scraps in the appropriate labeled buckets.
- If you should become injured while working please report the incident to your teacher or a staff member immediately. Your safety is our priority!