- This event has passed.
Memory Keeper Contest Deadline July 31
May 16, 2018 - September 30, 2018
We all have those special objects we would grab first in a fire––a gift from a beloved relative, a well-worn garment from our younger days, or a favorite toy from childhood. These keepsakes connect us to a time, place, person, or part of ourselves.
What object holds that meaning for you? Tell us about it, and photographer Shana Novak may choose to transform it into a beautiful still-life photograph. To enter, send a description (250 words or less) and a photo of the keepsake to email@example.com. Be sure to explain why it is your favorite object––what personal meaning it holds, how or why it has influenced you, etc. Ms. Novak will choose one lucky winner from the pool of submissions to receive a portrait of their object to permanently capture its essence. Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity!
Novak, a photographer with a background in high fashion magazines, works under the moniker The Heirloomist out of her New York City studio. Her commissioned portraits are realized through elaborate photo shoots, each artfully produced to evoke the object’s spirit. Her creative process begins with the stories behind each item––the memories, the relationships, the experiences. Novak’s work is currently on display in the Fuller Craft Museum exhibition Shana Novak: Memory Keeper, April 2018 – April 2019.
- The deadline for submission in July 31, 2018.
- Send a description (no more than 250 words) and a photo of your favorite object/personal artifact to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type “Shana Novak Contest” in the subject line of your email submission.
- The object must be smaller than the size of a tennis racket (28 x 28 inches).
- You must feel comfortable sending your object to Novak’s studio to be photographed. The contest winner will pay for shipping the object to Shana Novak. The artist will pay to ship it back.
- We will announce the winner in early fall 2018.