Mosaic Pendants with Cheryl Cohen
November 3, 7PM EST
November 3 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Learn the process of creating mosaic pendants using Apoxie Sculpt putty. In just one class session, you will learn how to mix the putty, apply it into the pendant base, and design you piece. We will discuss tesserae (pieces within your pendant) placement, what type of contrasting shapes and sizes work best, and how to clean and finish your piece. After it dries for 24 hours it is ready to wear, no firing or baking!
Things to consider: When purchasing supplies, look for opaque (not transparent) tiles and beads. It is a great time to use a single earring or any small flat items that you have been saving. It is best to have a closed room away from small children and pets as small pieces may drop during class.
- Apoxie Sculpt, Black – recommended (or white), ¼ pound is the smallest size and enough to make about 8 pendants. It can be bought on Amazon, or online (only) through Walmart.
- Seed Beads (4 mm or smaller) and/or bugle beads (long bead)
- Metallic Charms (½ inch or less), one or two per pendant
- Pendant blank/bezel (any size, most of the ones in the photo are approx. 1”x2”)
- Any solid (no fabric or porous) item can be used including shells, rocks, vintage pieces, and more
- Wheeled tile nippers (I will demonstrate how to cut tile and glass)
- Small tiles (3/4” or less)
90-minute live Zoom session
Wednesday, November 3, 2021 / 7:00 – 8:30 pm ET
- Level: Suitable for all levels
- Student Age Group: Age 12 – Adult
- Class size: Minimum 6 / Maximum 25
THIS IS AN ONLINE CLASS. A Zoom link will be delivered to you upon confirmation of registration. You must have Zoom installed on your computer or device to attend this workshop. Please note, confirmation emails with detailed information may sometimes end up in your junk mail or spam folder.
Please consider supporting Fuller Craft Museum by becoming a member or by supporting this event and others like it with your donation.