- This event has passed.
Knitting for Beginners
March 15 – April 19, 6:00 – 7:30 PM E.S.T
March 29, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Monday, repeating until April 19, 2021
This course will go through the basic building blocks of knitting, giving you the skills to take on a variety of simple knitting projects. We will start with casting on and off and the primary stitches (knitting and purling), and move on to knitting in the round and increasing/decreasing stitches. We will also discuss how to read a yarn label and select the right yarn for your project, how to read a knitting pattern, and end with decorative designs and finishing touches like pom poms and fringes.
Material Supply List:
- US Size 10 (6 mm) knitting needles, preferably bamboo/wood
- US Size 10 (6mm) 16″ circular knitting needles, preferably bamboo
- 2 Skeins of bulky superwash wool yarn in contrasting colors of your choice
- Cable needle (optional)
- Stitch markers (optional)
Six, 1.5-hour live Zoom sessions
March 15 – April 19, 2021: 6:00 – 7:30 pm EST
- Level: Suitable for beginners
- Student Age Group: Adults and teens
- Class size: Minimum 6 / Maximum 12
- Fees: Members $75 / Nonmembers $100
THIS IS AN ONLINE CLASS. A Zoom link will be delivered to you upon confirmation of registration. You must have Zoom installed on your computer or device to attend this workshop.
Please note, confirmation emails with detailed information may sometimes end up in your junk mail or spam folder.