- This event has passed.
Embroidery: Intro to Needlework
(March 16, and April 6)
March 16, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
One event on April 6, 2019 at 12:00 pm
In this one-day class you’ll be introduced to basic cross-stitch and embroidery techniques as well as basic hand embroidery stitches. By the end of the class you’ll understand the basic stitches that can be used for a variety of projects. Limited to 8 students (16 years of age or older). Instructor: Gwendolyn Gavin
- 8” Aida and Cloth Squares
- Embroidery needles
- 6” Embroidery hoops will be available for use.
Students must bring the following materials:
- Embroidery scissors or small fabric scissors (regular scissors will not cut cleanly through the thread)
- 3 or more colors of embroidery floss (#25 DMC cotton, or other brand; avoid the satin, rayon, silk or metallic versions for this class.) We’ll be using a natural/ecru linen, so bear that in mind when picking colors; avoid white and very pale colors, as you want to see the stitch results. At least two should contrast each other.
- Optional: needle threader, water soluble marking pen or pencil, paper and pen for notes.
Two Dates to choose from:
- Saturday, March 16, 12:00 – 4:00 pm
- Saturday, April 6, 12:00 – 4:00 pm
Skill Level: All (Ages 16+)
Class Size: Minimum 4 / Maximum 8
Location: Studio A
$65 Members / $75 Nonmembers