- This event has passed.
Badass HERstory Stitch-Up
April 20, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Chicago-based artist and activist Shannon Downey (aka @BadassCrossStitch) will lead an embroidery-based craftivism workshop. She will introduce participants to the craftivism movement, her global feminist craftivism project @BadassHERstory, and teach guests how to embroider if you are new to the art form.
Join us, Saturday, April 20, 2019, 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Participants of all ages, genders, and skill levels are encouraged to attend. Space is limited.
Visitors are encouraged to bring their own supplies.
· A sketchbook, pencil, and sharpie
· A 6 inch embroidery hoop
· A 13 inch by 13 inch piece of white or light colored fabric (Cotton, calico cotton, tight weave linen are all good choices)
· A WATER soluble marking pen (Not air soluble, which will disappear too fast)
· Size 22 or 25 tapestry needles
· A selection of embroidery floss
To be added to our waiting list, contact us at email@example.com
For more information about Shannon visit www.BadassCrossStitch.com and to learn about her craftivism project visit www.BadassHERstory.com