At Fuller Craft Museum we explore the materials, techniques, and artistic expression that challenge the perception of craft, while honoring the achievements of the past and. We are currently looking to hire part-time energetic, organized, and creative art instructors experienced in one or more of the following:
- Mixed media
Please visit our website to see our current course offerings.
Qualifications: Artists of all media and techniques are encouraged to apply, especially artists working in the media of clay, fiber, wood, glass and metal. Applicants must hold a minimum of a BFA or demonstrate equivalent experience, and be friendly and organized. Teaching experience is a must. Must be outgoing, enjoy working with the public and organized. How To Apply: Please send a copy of your resume, a workshop description/proposal and 1-3 images of your own artwork to: email@example.com
Customer Service Representative
Museum Shop Assistant
InternshipsInternships at Fuller Craft Museum are exciting opportunities for upperclass college and graduate students looking to pursue a career in museums. Interns are accepted on a rolling basis as can be accommodated. Applicants should be undergrad or graduate students and be able to commit to 8-15 hours per week. Those interested in interning are encouraged to apply early, before the college semester begins.
Marketing Intern: Social Media
- Regular updates to maintain our Hootsuite, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube accounts
- Research to develop good content
- Other internet research
- Maintaining a good rapport with the public and our media relations
Apply by sending an email with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Social Media Internship” in the subject line.
Ceramic Studio Intern
Fuller Craft Museum seeks an Intern to manage the kiln work for the Ceramics programs and workshops and as well as providing assistance and support for smooth day-to-day functioning of the Ceramics Studio at Fuller Craft Museum. This position is primarily responsible for doing kiln work, carrying out material processes, testing, assistance with equipment maintenance, some teaching, monitoring Open Studio, and communicating with teachers and others working in ceramics in the Studio.
- A Senior or advanced studies in Ceramics, currently in a degree-seeking program, or comparable training required.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in the field of ceramics required.
- Strong overall knowledge of ceramic arts, the history of ceramics, as well as pottery-making techniques.
- Experience firing, loading, and unloading electric kilns.
- Experience and knowledge of glaze usage, mixing, and testing.
- Experience with the pottery wheel and commonly used supplies/equipment/tools found in a pottery studio.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work in a team-driven environment.
- Dependable, positive attitude, mission-driven.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-directed, energetic, highly motivated, and outcome-oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
How To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Event Planning Intern
- Work closely with the Rentals Coordinator to provide an exceptional experience to our rental parties and organize a unique, creative bridal fair experience
- Assist in responding to inquiries regarding rentals
- Reach out to vendors to buy table space at the Bridal Fair
- Assist in the marketing and promoting the Bridal Fair, as well as promoting the Museum’s rental space in general
- Assist with the administration of events on the rentals calendar, communicating necessary information to rental parties, caterers, other vendors, and museum staff
- Deliver excellent customer service-is articulate and helpful in order to ensure rental events are properly managed
- Have a friendly and professional manner
Qualifications: Strong organizational skills, computer skills, communication skills, and ease with multitasking are all required. Applicants should be undergraduate or graduate students majoring in Arts Administration, Event Planning, or other relevant major. Those with a college degree, but not currently enrolled in a degree program may be considered as well. Can commit 5 – 10 hours per week. How To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Rentals Coordinator: Gwendolyn Gavin, with “Event Planning Intern” in subject line. Salary: unpaid About this Organization: Fuller Craft Museum is New England’s home for contemporary craft. As one of only 8 contemporary craft museums in the United States, Fuller Craft is among the fastest growing, most unique institutions in the northeast.