At Fuller Craft Museum we explore the materials, techniques, and artistic expression that challenge the perception of craft, while honoring the achievements of the past and. We are currently looking to hire part-time energetic, organized, and creative art instructors experienced in one or more of the following:
- Mixed media
Our Spring session courses begin on or around January 17, 2017 and run through mid-June 2017. We offer weekend intensive workshops in addition to weekly evening classes on Thursdays. Please visit our website to see our current course offerings.
Qualifications: Artists of all media and techniques are encouraged to apply, especially artists working in the media of clay, fiber, wood, glass and metal. Applicants must hold a minimum of a BFA or demonstrate equivalent experience, and be friendly and organized. Teaching experience is a must. Must be outgoing, enjoy working with the public and organized.
How To Apply: Please send a copy of your resume, a workshop description/proposal and 1-3 images of your own artwork to: email@example.com OR click here to fill-out our workshop proposal form online.
Customer Service Representative
Museum Shop Assistant
Assist the Museum Shop Manager in retail sales, display, pricing, and inventory control. Weekday and weekend hours needed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships at Fuller Craft Museum are exciting opportunities for upperclass college and graduate students looking to pursue a career in museums. Interns are accepted on a rolling basis as can be accommodated. Applicants should be undergrad or graduate students and be able to commit to 8-15 hours per week. Those interested in interning are encouraged to apply early, before the college semester begins.
Marketing Intern: Design
Marketing Intern: Social Media
Marketing: Social Media Intern Fuller Craft Museum seeks an intern to work in the Marketing Department on our social media strategy. We seek a highly motivated individual who enjoys social media: facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, hootsuite, blogging, micro blogging, pictures, copy, videos. A good candidate genuinely enjoys interacting with people online and can maintain a steady flow of engaging and informative content to our fans, while brainstorming ways to build our audience. College upperclassmen or graduate students majoring in Marketing or Communications are preferred. Candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and a wide range of computer skills. Intern responsibilities will include:
- Regular updates to maintain our Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube accounts
- Research to develop good content
- Other internet research
- Maintaining a good rapport with the public and our media relations
Apply by sending an email with a resume to email@example.com. Please put “Social Media Internship” in the subject line.
Fuller Craft Museum seeks an Education Department Intern to assist the Education Coordinator with administrative duties of the education department crucial to its success, and reflects a positive image of Fuller Craft Museum and its mission to the general public, responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Education Coordinator to create and plan programs to help museum guests of all ages better understand the exhibitions.
- Research artists and context of special exhibitions at the museum to develop educational materials and related programs.
- Assist with the facilitation of programs including but not limited to [SENSE]ation Days, tours, outreach and special events, as well as contributing to the overall vision for Education Programs at Fuller Craft Museum.
- Deliver excellent customer service–is articulate and helpful and ensures a high-quality experience of students and visitors through thoughtful actions and words.
Strong organizational skills, computer skills, communication skills, and ease with multitasking are all required. Experience leading art activities and/or developing curriculum materials is preferred. Applicants should be undergraduate or graduate students majoring in Education, Studio Art, Art History or Museum Studies.
How To Apply: Please send a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Planning Intern
- Work closely with the Rentals Coordinator to provide an exceptional experience to our rental parties and organize a unique, creative bridal fair experience
- Assist in responding to inquiries regarding rentals
- Reach out to vendors to buy table space at the Bridal Fair
- Assist in the marketing and promoting the Bridal Fair, as well as promoting the Museum’s rental space in general
- Assist with the administration of events on the rentals calendar, communicating necessary information to rental parties, caterers, other vendors, and museum staff
- Deliver excellent customer service-is articulate and helpful in order to ensure rental events are properly managed
- Have a friendly and professional manner
Qualifications: Strong organizational skills, computer skills, communication skills, and ease with multitasking are all required. Applicants should be undergraduate or graduate students majoring in Arts Administration, Event Planning, or other relevant major. Those with a college degree, but not currently enrolled in a degree program may be considered as well. Can commit 5 – 10 hours per week.
How To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Rentals Coordinator: Gwendolyn Gavin, email@example.com with “Event Planning Intern” in subject line.
Salary: unpaid About this Organization: Fuller Craft Museum is New England’s home for contemporary craft. As one of only 8 contemporary craft museums in the United States, Fuller Craft is among the fastest growing, most unique institutions in the northeast.